Consume less. Consume Differently.
Below is an evolving list of consumables I try to invest in that are made locally (to the Driftless Area in Minnesota/Wisconsin) or produced by companies committed to reducing their environmental impact.
I want to emphasize that I am not perfect. Progress is my intention. What works for me may not work for you. Do what you can with what you have.
Vegetables & Fruits
- Vegetable CSA Box // Small Family CSA Farm – La Farge, WI (Organic)
- Tomatoes // Deep Rooted Organics – Westby, WI via People’s Food Co-op – La Crosse (Organic)
- “Ugly” Produce Box // Imperfect Foods
- Rolled Oats // Whole Grain Milling Co. – Welcome, MN (Organic)
- Muesli // Seven Sundays – Minneapolis, MN (B Corp)
- Grass-fed Beef // Wholesome Family Farms – Caledonia, MN
- Pastured Pork // Wholesome Family Farms – Caledonia, MN
- Pastured Chicken//Wholesome Family Farms – Caledonia, MN
- Free-Range Turkey // Ferndale Market – Cannon Falls, MN
- Coffee // Wonderstate Coffee – Viroqua, WI (100% Solar Powered Roastery, Organic & Equitably-Sourced Beans)
- Toilet Paper // Who Gives A Crap (B Corp) – 100% Recycled (Office) Paper
- Laundry Detergent Pods // Dropps (Carbon-neutral shipping, US-made)